19 March, 2008

Being frank about things

Very few times you meet people who are frank about what they say and do.
Today I interacted with a director of design of a firm and he was blunt, he blasted me on my resume and cover letter, but on retrospect, I find what he said to be true.
I appreciated the fact that he was frank about it and the one important thing that it compelled me to do was think. It compelled me think about me. About my profession, about what I do and most importantly WHY i am doing it.
At the end of it, I may not have got what I wanted, but what I got was way more than what I initially wanted.
It did teach me to be myself and proud of what I am, no matter how small I am.

1 comment:

Adhuri Kahani said...

"It did teach me to be myself and proud of what I am, no matter how small I am."

sehi kaha yaar .. this was very inspiring .. nice to read all this .. will try to follow all your blogs :)