...of meeting new people.
...of experiencing life to its core.
Today is exactly one year since I got back to India after my studies in the US. I do not know whether I will be back there, but one thing is for sure. I have never missed it, as I have been so much more in love with India that I have not had the time for anything else.
- I Traveled extensively Across India - Delhi, Brindavan, Gurgaon, Patna, Saharsa, Native Village, Kolkata, Pune, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Indore, Bhopal, Chennai, Kochin, Bhagalpur, Baroda, Surat, Goa, Mangalore, Manipal, Surathkal, Hyderabad to name a few places that I was and experienced. This puts me back on track of covering the entire India before I turn 30 - a thing I had planned way back in 2005.
Of other things here are the things I have done and experienced in this past one year.
- Witnessed a bomb blast in front of my eyes.
- Felt the panic caused when a bird hit the plane.
- Met an astronaut at a conference and got awed by his stories on space.
- Shared the stage with the man behind the Sixth Sense (Pranav Mistry), and wildlife documentary maker whom I admire.
- Spoke at TEDx BITS Goa and met some really wonderful people, who inspire me even today.
- Invited to colleges all across India for my photography and design workshops.
- Interacted with a lot of children for the child education project of mine.
- Watched the god of cricket Sachin bat and play in front of my eyes in a stadium, not once but twice.
- Taught photography as a visiting faculty in different colleges.
- Got totally drunk (finally :P) and experienced what sleeping on the footpath feels like.
- Started my own companies Deskala and Happy Horizon Studios.
- Shot at weddings and at different shows.
- Did a documentary shoot on a theme I had planned almost 2 years ago.
- Got closer to parents and immediate family.
- Helped grandma paint her house, which had never been painted before and was almost 20 years since it was built.
- Had a marriage arranged for and then later called off.
- Met some amazing people like Director of ISRO, CEOs of companies, and got inspired by them.
- Felt humbled when participants mentioned that the only thing they came to attend in a college festival from hundreds of kilometers, was my photography workshop.
- Met a lot of friends from school days, after a gap of almost 10 years.
- Almost had my friend's bike snatched from me in broad daylight.
- Traveled in Indian railways and had loads of chai on stations.
- Realized what it means to be living your dream.
- Spread a lot of smiles.
Thank you God.